Introduction to Printing 101
April 22-23, 2017
Minneapolis Convention Center
This two-day introductory course is designed for those who need to understand print quality, attend print trials, trouble shoot print problems or are generally new to printing operations.
You'll learn from a panel of experts from TAPPI's Coating and Graphic Arts Division.
This exceptional training in the basics is held as part of the Coating Program at PaperCon 2017, and it's a great way to kick off all the events taking place in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The topics covered:
- Current commercial print methods and the equipment used, including traditional offset and emerging digital technologies
- Paper and packaging grades that are typically printed and the methods used
- Examples of print and press problems, how to identify and potential solutions
- Predicting and testing print quality
- Color perception and color gamut