PaperCon 2017 New Technology Showcase
**New Video Format**
Putting the Technology into the NTS
Time: During all Exhibit Hours
| Monday: 11:30am - 1:30pm and 3:00pm - 7:00pm
Tuesday: 12:00pm - 1:30pm and 3:00pm - 7:00pm
Wednesday: 10:30am - 1:30pm
Location: Exhibit Floor, New Technology Theater
Cost: $100 (only charged upon selection)
This year the NTS will have a more tech-based format and will feature pre-recorded video presentations. This can include a commercial, video recording of a presentation, or a video PowerPoint. Participation will include:
- An 8-minute video presentation of your new technology, product, or service without commercialism guidelines/restrictions (TAPPI antitrust guidelines are still enforced)
- A read-only version of your presentation in pdf format included in the conference online proceedings (Optional)
- Company and presenter’s name listed in the conference program book
An excellent complement to your booth in the PaperCon Exhibit Hall
Requirements of NTS Application
- Presentation must be for a new product, a new service, or a new application of an existing product or service.
- Provide title, speaker’s name and contact information, company name, and a short abstract to TAPPI by March 6, 2017. Abstracts should be about 75 words or less.
- The presentation CAN include your company name, trade names, and logos.
- No pricing information is allowed. Presenters must adhere to TAPPI antitrust guidelines. Violations could lead to removal from the program.
- Presentations in their entirety must be a maximum of 8 minutes long. TAPPI will screen presentations ahead of time to make sure they meet the requirement.
- We encourage you or a company representative to be present in the New Technology Theater to answer questions during lunch Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- No commercial literature is to be displayed or distributed during the session.
- Only one presentation per company.
- Only 20 spots available – priority will be given to PaperCon Exhibitors and Sponsors.
- Presenter must be a registered attendee of the conference (speaker rate applies).
- All presentations must be sent in advance for antitrust review and will be loaded onto the provided computers on the New Technology Theater. Your presentation will be included as a PDF in the conference proceedings if you give permission and it is sent in by the deadline (March 24, 2017).
- Presentations not deemed a new product or service may be rejected.
- Presentations selected will be charged $100 for participation; form to follow after selection
*No Selection of Presentation Times* (NEW)
The format this year will allow all presentations to be accessible during all exhibit hours. This means there will be no times slots or schedule of presentations. The only screenings of the submissions will be the determination of a “new” product, service, or application, time of presentation, and TAPPI antitrust compliance.
All applicants will be notified of their acceptances immediately following the selection. The resulting showcase selections will be published in the conference program booklet.
Am I Eligible?
Any speaker may apply for a spot in the New Technology Showcase; however preference will be given to exhibitors and sponsors of the conference. All presenters must be a registered attendee of the conference and are eligible for any speaker rate EXCEPT single day speaker (no charge).
Important Dates to Remember
- March 6, 2017 — Application Submission Deadline
- March 10, 2017 — Presentations selected & notifications sent
- March 24, 2017 — Final PowerPoint presentations submitted to TAPPI as pdf for proceedings (Optional)
- April 7, 2017 — Final Video presentations submitted to TAPPI for inclusion in New Technology Theater (No changes permitted to video after this date)
- April 24-26, 2017 — New Technology Showcase Video presentations in New Technology Theater on Exhibit Floor
How Do I Apply?
Please submit your abstract using the Speaker Management System. You will need to create a new account for 2017 and select Submission Group: New Technology Showcase.
Questions about the NTS?
Division Manager, TAPPI
Office: +1 770-209-7345
Fax +1 770-446-6947