Seven reasons why PaperCon was a must see for Young Professionals:
Great YP Breakout Sessions: Two sessions specifically for YPs, focusing on work-life balance and how to reinvent, renew and rethink as a young professional in the industry.
Get an industry Mentor: TAPPI’s Mentor Match was launched and Young Professionals were able to sign-up at PaperCon to get a mentor of their own. Sign-up was at Monday’s YP luncheon, Basecamp as well as TAPPI Central.
- Consult with a Life Coach: For a small fee to reserve a spot ($10), Young Professionals were able to reserve a private, 30-minute individual session with a ICF-certified life coach on work-life balance and professional and personal growth.
- Chill out at Basecamp: Young Professionals were able to grab a snack, charge their device, or simply catch up on their PaperCon itinerary at Basecamp which was open Monday 11am through Wednesday 3pm, located at the Exhibit Hall Entrance.
- Network with Peers: CPU/YP Reception (Sunday), YP Opening Luncheon (Monday), Alumni Soiree/YP Mixer (Monday) and the YP Division Meeting (Tuesday) were the perfect opportunities to network with peers.
- Win prizes with the Paper Hunt: Lake States TAPPI/N. Central PIMA local section hosted a “PaperHunt” (scavenger hunt) that Young Professional could participate in while visiting booths on the Exhibit floor. Learn more.
- Professional headshots! A professional photographer was on-site at Basecamp to take headshots, free of charge.