Coating and Graphic Arts
Abstracts deadline was October 25, 2019. We are no longer accepting abstracts.
The Coating and Graphic Arts Technical Program Committee is currently developing the 2020 program. They have selected “Novel Coating and Printing Concepts to Address Emerging and Opportunistic Needs of the Industry” as an area of focus for the 2020 Coating and Graphic Arts program.
The program attracts professionals from all areas of the paper coating, converting and graphic arts industries. It is designed to address both on-going and emerging topics of interest to our industries and attracts professionals from manufacturing, product development, business development, sales, and marketing within our various industry segments.
Visit our website often for program updates.
Program topics include:
Packaging, Label, and Digital Coating Applications
• Barrier and functional coatings
• Coatings for ink jet and electrophotographic printing
• Coated label and liner
• Flexible packaging – barrier coated paper vis-à-vis plastic films
• Retail Ready Packaging
• Replacing single use plastic – concepts and opportunities
• Market trends in lightweighting of packaging – USA vis-à-vis Europe and Asia
• Advancements in recyclability, compostability, and/or biodegradability of fiber based products
Novel Coating and Process Technologies
• Multi-layer/curtain coatings technologies
• Novel coating materials
• Print applied barrier & specialty coatings
• Functional/specialty coating applications
• Drying Strategies for coatings
Advances in Printing and Graphic Arts
• UV curable printing technology advancements or challenges
• Printed electronics
• Insights into ink/paper interactions, test methods and effects on print quality
• Digital image analysis
• Advances in knowledge about coated sheet requirements for improved printing response
• Mill case studies or success stories showing innovation, improved profitability, or improved runnability in coating and finishing (15-20-minute case studies; PowerPoints only)
• New ideas for production cost and energy savings
• Raw material developments and advancements
• Practical utilization of bio-based and renewable type materials
• Coating structure measurement relationship to end product attributes
• Advances in coating rheology understanding
• Practical applications of nanotechnology in coated papers
• Developments in calendaring and winding
Hot Topics Breakfast:
We typically host a table at the Hot Topics Breakfast to talk about the latest that is going on in the world of Coatings. If you have ideas for a topic or would like to be a Table Moderator, please submit an abstract or reach out. Our audience values hearing about the good work done for or by a mill and especially submittals that include paper production results. Mill case studies that demonstrate the application of new techniques and applications of new learning are of particular interest.